This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Advent Final Gifts And Christmas Gifts!!!

Christmas all over for another year...almost...and what a fun time it has been!!!

Gifts given...gifts received...new blogging friends made over 2009...

a lovely place to be...
First of all...Natima has put together a few pics from a previous post of mine and I have used them as a Header...Thank you so much Natima!!!


This gift above from Simone in The Netherlands (this should be further down together with other gifts)...

Warming Fire tea bags...a delicious scent and something I have not see over here...

I look forward to trying these out Simone!!!

Lovely bright fat quarter...perfect summery colours!!!

Together with a little notebook...

Thank You so much Simone...further down you will see the little Figgy Pudding decoration up on the tree!!!

Above are the last of the Advent Gifts from my Partner Carol ...


The final gift from Carol opened up on Christmas morning was this delightful little bag...along with a little needlebook...
The stitched words on the bag are...in my heart there lives a joyful song...the road to a friend's house is never too long!!!

Check out the fine stitching...just beautiful Carol!!!


And here is the needlebook opened up...gorgeous soft Autumn colours...
Thank you so much Carol...I have had so much fun (along with JoJo) in participating in this Advent Swap 2009...

And many thanks to Fiona for organizing this wonderful Swap!!!


This is the bag I made for Carol...


all Carol's gifts packaged up ready to go for opening up on 1st December...

Above are gifts received from blogging friends...

This seaside stitchery book from my friend Geo (no blog)...

Thank you so much Geo...I love it, many projects in here to keep me busy!!!


This one from Natima , Thanks Nat...I don't have a pastry brush this size!!!

Simone's Figgy Pudding hanging on the tree...
Thank you Simone...it looks great!!!

And from Andrea this gorgeous green and gold bauble...
Thank you so much Andrea!!!

And of course I had to put this under the tree for myself...
couldn't resist it when I saw it!!!

And this you-beaut 2010 Paris calendar from Geo!!!
I have thoroughly enjoyed this Christmas...
and also 2009, meeting new people here in Blogworld...
getting to know other people better...
It's just been fantastic!!!
So from my little ol' blog to yours...wishing everyone a very Happy Healthy and Prosperous 2010...May you all have a wonderful year...Dzintra

January, the month of new beginnings and cherished memories, beckons.
Once again the days are sunny and hot...
School is over, summer holidays have begun...
This is the month to dream, to look forward to the year ahead and the journey within.
Sarah Ban Breathnach, Simple Abundance
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

23 comments:

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Dzintra
Well you were a lucky girl this Christmas. Santa must have thought you to be 'very good' hehehe Love all you goodies and that image of Mont St Michael is wonderful!! As is your new banner! Those craggy rocks again!! [i did find a photo to show you but it is very tiny]

Well I hope your New Year is fabulous and look forward to seeing what you have for us next year!! Have fun xxx Julie

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow Dzintra....what lovely gifts you have received the bag Carol had made for you was just gorgeous and I know she would be thrilled with the bag you made for her...

Kath said...

What glorious gifts! I have been thinking about "stitchery" for a long time, but wasn't wuite sure what it was :D But now I think I am hooked, I love the figgy pudding and Micki made me a cottage one which I have on my workshop keys.
I wish you all good things for 2010, our friendship has been a delight and I look forward to a new year ahead, love Kath in England XX

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dzintra!
Oh, these memories of a Blogland Christmas will stay with you for a long time, as I know they will stay with me!!! What fabulous gifts have been made for YOU, a beautiful friend that I have had the pleasure to know...I have your Dolce Vita blog on my list, but I also need to put this one on my list as well. Your crafts and world of stitchery is so peaceful and brings back fond memories of my mother stitching the most beautiful lovelies. Dzintra, thank you for visiting me WAY UP here in the Northern hemisphere! You are always so kind, and this is what I will remember the most: all the kindnesses and care and positive vibes that you and others like you have communicated. I wish you and your loved ones a New Year filled with more than you could ever imagine!!!! Anita

Nat Palaskas said...

Wow, you got lotsta pressies for Chrissie! Lucky girl. Thanks for using the header I made for you. I only did it to show you how. Didn't do a very good job there. I can make you a better one if you like. Enjoy the rest of the holiday - Much love Nat

Simone de Klerk said...

What a wonderful swap you had! And you made a very pretty bag for Carol.
You received so many lovely presents. So happy for you and JoJo having been able to enjoy them so much.
Isn't it a bit strange now, after having been able to open a present for 24 days, to all of a sudden have nothing to open anymore (O:
Wishing you and your loved ones all the best for 2010 and looking foreward to see you again in January (O:
Heel veel liefs!

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra and JoJo. Happy New Year and all the best for 2010. May your home be filled with much love and happiness and maybe a trip to Paris. Happy days.

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

So many gifts, but it doesn't surprise me... such a lovely individual as yourself the Queen should bestowed with many, many gifts.
I too come bearing gifts from afar... 'Happy New Year' as I know you are the first of my blogger friends to witness its arrival and may 2010 bring you health, happiness and the chance to visit all of us out here that so look forward to that time.
xo Susan

Unknown said...

Goodness such beautiful things ! Happy New Year !

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Always interesting to hear how people in the Southern Hemisphere, view this holiday time of year.

Wishing you and yours, a very Happy and Healthy New Year!

Gentle hugs,
Aunt Amelia

Micki said...

Lovely gifts Dzintra and Happy New Year to you!
Micki

Vicki's Bit-o-earth said...

Oh what a perfect and fun Christmas Dzintra! Blogging friends are just the best! What a wonderful year of finding new friends for all of us. I have so loved finding friends from the Great Down Under, comparing and enjoying so much, our differences and likenesses of culture. I treasure your friendship Dzintra! Happy New Year 2010 to you and to JoJo~ May it bring much love, joy and prosperity! xxx Vicki

Pooch Purple Reign said...

hi dzintra
wow , you must have been a very good girl !! your presents are gorgeous.
happy 2010
~laura

Anonymous said...

More Gorgeousness! Lovely!!!

Happy, Happy New Year, Dzintra!
:)
Zuzu

Fer said...

Happy New Year Dzintra!!

That fat quarter you received from Simone looks great, as you say it's perfect for summer.

Hope you get some lovely quality time at the beach!

Anonymous said...

We Wish You a Merry♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Christmas♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪We Wish You a Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas ♥ ♥ ♥We Wish You A Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪...And A Happy New Year!♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪...
Love from
SANTA!

a good yarn said...

Happy New Year Dzintra! What a fantastic collection of gifts you have received. The bag you made for Carol is delightful. I like your new header image too. Natima is a clever lady. It has been a special Bloggy Christmas for you. Ann :-)

miss~nance said...

You cetainly did well for Christmas.

M<ay you have a safe and blessed new Year.

Blessings

Gail

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Tasha Tudor!

I'm so happy to have sort-of introduced you to her!. To find more about this remarkable woman, please go to her Family Web Site. It will be the best introduction. After there, you can Search for much more.

Gentle hugs,
Aunt Amelia

Jane said...

Hi Dzintra, such wonderful gifts, I love the bag Wonderful memories to cherish. Blogland is such a great place. Hugs xxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dzintra!! How are you my dearest! How nice that you had a long time off with family and friends.....the reason for the season. What a lovely holiday time this was. All is well here, but we have so much snow and cold weather! I am now back to my teaching job and life is hectic again....how I long for simplicity myself!!! Have a happy and wonderful day dearest! Anita

Sandi said...

Lots of lovely christmas packages!
Wishing you a wonderful New Year ahead.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Dzintra, enjoyed reading your post....some fantastic gifts you received....Warm Regards Lyn

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...