This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Friday, April 4, 2014

~Girls Day In The Country......Saturday~



Further to my previous post on GDITC at Nundle once we entered the door we were greeted by these delightful boxes with our project from our Tutor for the day.......Lynette Anderson


Fabric in the box from her latest design


and all kitted out ready to start!!!


The project was a bag and this is the front of it


the back


and my first hexagon!!!


Upon entering the Hall I spotted this quilt called 'Waiting for Santa' by Lynette and thought it looked very, very familiar
As it was I had seen it before in another version at Braidwood and fell in love with it there also
To see the post on this quilt have a look here


Needles to say I bought the pattern and have it set aside to start one of these days!!!


The centrepiece on the table


There was a Show and Tell featuring Lynette's made up items and I showed off my Simple Stitches needle case


Kerry hosted a Friendship Swap which was a needle case designed by Lynette





and Lynda received mine


I received mine from Suzie




Pic taken with Lynette


Some of Lynette's quilts on display






This one is Love Letters and I'm very tempted to do this
Perhaps next year when I go back!!!



There was a Show and Tell later that evening and here I am together with Chookyblue showing off our Gardener's Journal Quilts by Anni Downs
Note the different colours......Chooky has done hers in all greens



Some Kind of Wonderful also by Anni



 A group photo of us all



And the most exciting thing for JoJo was the next morning when Bruce McCumstie was telephoned by the owners/managers of the Cabins we stayed at and requested if he would come down and sign a CD that he is featured on!!!

Jo Jo purchased the CD in Nundle and it is called 4 Highwaymen depicting

Willie Nelson who Bruce was,
Waylon Jennings......Rob Wilson
Johnny Cash......Alan Bowles
Kris Kristofferson.....Bryen Williams

Thank you so much Fossicker's Rest and Bruce!!!!!!

Have been very busy here in the local production of 'Allo 'Allo by Bay Theatre Players and will be back to post on that!!!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome post Dzintra bringing back all the lovely memories,love your new pattern and lucky Jo Jo.xx

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a wonderful post full of fun and fabulous things!! Your workshop looked really fabulous, especially with all the show and tell as well. I love the original Highwaymen, so I'll have to check out that 4 Highwaymen cd. How great that Bruce came and signed the cd for JoJo. Ave fun with Allo Allo!

Jo in TAS said...

Looks like you had a great time.
Break a leg x

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Such a wonderful weekend Dzintra, it was so good spending time with you again and how exciciting for Jo Jo...I am sure the production was awesome...

Terry said...

Great photos of all the excitment on your visit to Nundle. The project looks like you so I'm waiting to see it finished . Your stitcheries are always so pretty.
Glad you had a good time.

Susan said...

Looks like it was a great weekend. So many ofmlynettesnlovely projects to see. Looking forward to seeing your Christmas quilt finished!

Cheryll said...

It was a great weekend and JoJo certainly had fun again with the girlfriends. Nice touch having the CD signed as well!
Hope the production is successful too! :)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD MORNING DZINTRA! Oh what a gorgeous way to be greeted by those aqua boxes! Bright and happy are they! And my favorite color! Those darling needle "books" are so adorable, and they remind me of the cloth books I used to have!

JoJo looks super excited and what fun for you all! You seem to enjoy a lovely time outdoors and with so many activities to partake in. We had YET MORE SNOW come down last night....quite a large amount. So this is putting a hold on our spring but I will keep hoping!

Hugs to you today, and enjoy all you do! Anita

Gillie said...

I will say zis only once, lol! What a day and for JoJo too. Will look forward to a post about the show, loved that series, still makes me laugh when I see old shows!

BE CAREFUL with any passing chisels.........!

KimM said...

WOW! What else can I SAY BUT "WOW!"?

RitaGri said...

Jauka somiņa ar atbilstošu izšuvumu. Cik jauki tā darboties kopā, apmainīties ar dāvanām.

Fiona said...

what a lovely day... I love those blue boxes waiting for you full of fun...
Hugz

DAWNIE said...

Great post Dzintra. Lovely pics and swaps. Also exciting for Jo jo that was awesome

Kath said...

I was very excited as I am making the full bloom quilt, just finished the embroideries.
How lovely it all looks, what a wonderful happy day.

Chookyblue...... said...

special times for everyone at Nundle.......so nice to see our GJ quilts together.......very special.........

Nat Palaskas said...

Girl, you know how to have fun! I like Lynette Anderson's designs and have a few of her patterns - Hugs Nat

Unknown said...

"Queen of the Armchair" has been included in Friday's Sites To See for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/04/fridays-sites-to-see_11.html

Astrid said...

What a wonderful 'Girls Day'! Love the aqua greeting boxes and its content. Beautiful items! Jo-Jo is such a lucky girl to get a signed CD. Have fun with 'Allo Allo'!

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...