This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Sunday, July 6, 2014

~Melodrama at Mogo......I'm Dreamin' of a Lone Christmas~


Well haven't I been having a ball lately playing a Wench at the latest Melodrama at Mogo entitled 
I'm Dreaming of a Lone Christmas
Written by Joe Quigley
Directed by Barbara Gellatly
Musical Director Jimmy Roe


Held at the The Digger's Rest Hotel at the Original Gold Rush Colony at Mogo
I just love the setting here


one of the early Settler's Huts on the site


inside the Tavern where the Melodrama is set with Big Dan being Centre Stage


The multi talented Jimmy Roe being Felix Mendelsohn


Florrie.......er, Florence and Annabelle the Bar Girl


Hamming it up with Florence


and Annabelle


Introducing Hans (Walter) our Barman


James Walker (aka Whistler) and Mary-Anne


Big Dan Murphy (Brian aka Cowboy) and Smithy (Greg)


Last Rehearsal before showtime
Annabelle, Sebastian Bumstead (aka Foxlow, Devious Devil)
Molly (Mary'Anne's Mum.....Barbara)
Mary Anne (Janet)
Smithy and Hans


Posing in front of the roaring fire yesterday just before showtime


a moment with Jimmy


Gularbone (Colin) singing Holy Night


I even made some little wristy-cuffs


and a little choker round my neck topped off with an old ear ring
Wonder if these will qualify for OPAM (One Project A Month) Lol!!!!

To read about the previous Melodrama 'The Wake of Joe Flanagan' go over here

Next Matinee Show plus lunch Saturday 19th July 2014 at 
Tickets available at 4474 2123


13 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You are totally awesome.....

RitaGri said...

Lai veiksmīgas izrādes!
Mēs ar savu dramatisko kolektīvu arī jūnija beigās parādījām savu izrādi. Kad būs nākošā vēl nav zināms.

Rachaeldaisy said...

You look absolutely gorgeous!! I admire you so much for being a performer. Itlooks at though it's a great team, I bet you all have a wonderful time entertaining happy audiences.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest FRIEND! You know I am tickled with joy at this moment as I see you are once again engaged in one of the best arts in the world...to play on stage. YOU LOOK SMASHING! What a pretty lady you are, and your lacey wrist cuffs and collar are great! YOU ARE HAVING FUN, aren't you!!!

Sending you wishes for a fabulous performance and run of this hit! Much love Dzintra! Anita

Susan said...

as they say "Break leg"!!! fun costumes.

Anonymous said...

wow Dzintra ,this looks wonderful have fun my lovely friend and you look amazing.xx

KimM said...

Looks like so much fun - love the wristies -
xxx

Fiona said...

what fun you are having... everyone looks great...
Hugz

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

This sounds like a rip roaring fun musical. Of course the wristies count as a OPAM item, I bet no-one else made some of those!

Happy days.
Bev.

Jenny said...

Great Photos. You are obviously a talented girlfriend...

Nat Palaskas said...

Dzintra, this looks like fun! Soon you will be the main star yourself! I love that setting!

Show and Tell said...

Dzintra you look fantastic.....Looks like lots of fun xx

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Wow you are so beautiful. Love that you are performing on stage. I can not image how awesome that has to be. Love love this post. Just hate I am so far behind with coming by and checking on you.
I am not a good blogger but hope to correct that soon.
Love
Maggie

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...