This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Saturday, December 6, 2014

~SSCS (Secret Santa Christmas Swap)......Received and Sent~




All the way by Royal Mail from England has arrived my SSCS from Diane


Included was this whimsical Santa Card


And 2 Christmas Ornaments......
We can open the smaller package


 but this bigger one has to remain sealed until Christmas Day
It was placed under the Christmas Tree today.......sigh, and now all I can do is look at it
Thank you so much Diane!!!


 This is the package I sent off to my Partner Dagmar in Germany along with some Lindt Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt


Out of this lovely screen print that I had purchased from Shop Handmade in Canberra


I made this little Christmas decoration......I thought it most suitable as she probably has a White Christmas
The ric rac is vintage now as I bought it years ago to make an Angel Suit for my Sister's little newborn first Baby.....
This didn't get made up so the ric rac sat there until I thought I would use it for Dagmar's Ornament......
Never mind now that the Baby is 35 years old!!!

I hope you enjoy your little decoration Dagmar along with the chocolate and now we both patiently wait to open our parcels!!!

Thank you to dear Chooky for organising this fantastic swap.......always a good one to be part of!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dzintra love the decorations. Both received and sent this is such a fun swap enjoy your evening my friend.xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Sweet, sweet love. ABSOLUTELY SWEET LOVE! Getting those in the mail is such a fabulous surprise and a keepsake for all time. AND my friend, what a GIFT from your son to take you to PARIS?????????? GO GO GO! Your husband will take care of the homefront, but you must see Paris. You have yourself a lush time with your boy....think of me, think of all of us who adore this city. Visit Vicki Archer's blog: FRENCH ESSENCE and see what Paris has to offer. Vicki is the go-to-woman for anything Parisian.

Ahhhh...what a gift to see your comment. I am so thrilled for you!!!!!! Anita

Liene said...

Oh the suspense! And a present 35 years in the making - I love it!

KimM said...

Lovely, lovely - and now to wait….and wait…
xxx

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's such a great idea to have ornaments that you can open as soon as your parcel arrives. I bet your big present looks wonderful sitting under the tree. Only a few weeks to go...

Diane-crewe said...

it was my pleasure to send to you x .. NO squeezing that parcel now xx

Susan said...

I love Chooky's SSCS, always so much love and care in the packages. Great little story behind your vintage ricrac.

Chookyblue...... said...

love the ornaments both sent and received............keep that parcel safe.........

Fiona said...

how fun... love the ornies that came and got sent...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely ornaments! It is exciting to have a special parcel under your tree x

Nat Palaskas said...

Enjoy the swaps Dzintra. Much be hard to wait till Christmas to open the BIG parcel! Enjoy Sunday evening
Hugs
Nat

Lynn said...

I've missed out on some blog reading lately, and am trying to do a little catching up. I've read back over some of your past few posts and didn't want to over load you with comments.
Aren't the swaps fun, I always remember the year I sent to you, so glad still that Chooky paired us up! It's been a pleasure getting to know you.

Quiltmoose - Dagmar said...

Dear Dzintra,
your ornament is gorgeous! I love it even more now that I heard of the special story behind the ric rac! Only one more week until I may open your main gift :) So exciting... Have fun with your gifts from Diane!
BTW no snow over here...but that's okay with me. I am not a winter girl. I would love Christmas in Australia, I guess :)
Take care, Dagmar

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...