This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Sunday, June 28, 2015

~Cook Up with Donna hay and Irina~


Phew, it's taken sooo long for me to get this post up
A cook up with donna hay magazine Issue 77 Oct/Nov 2014
As seems to be the case recently I couldn't decide which Dessert to make so of course I made both and we had them over the next few nights


The Menu ~all adapted for Gluten Free

Parmesan-Crusted Fish with Zucchini Salad
Lemon, Honey and Almond Cake
Peach and Vanilla Sorbet



First things first........prepare Dessert
Soaked Lemon Peel in base of cake pan for the Cake.


and ta da after not long at all the meal is all ready
nice and easy especially since it was a very warm night at the time
The fish was nice and light and the salad was lovely and tasty with no need for any starch
The salad was comprised basically of Zucchini and Baby Spinach leaves with a Zesty Dressing


The Sorbet hit the spot for the evening








The cake was excellent the next day and perfect with coffee
Here 'tis sitting atop JoJo's Wiggles Tray





And unbeknownst to me Mr Armchair took a snap whilst cooking one evening lol

Bon Appetit......Dzintra 




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dzintra wow your cooking looks so yummy,you should run a cooking schoole,you are so good my friend xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Yummo xxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh, that SORBET alone is enough to enjoy on a hot evening! Dzintra, you look wonderful in your bright and lovely kitchen! I see Irina TOMORROW at my home! Anita

Astrid said...

Looks sooooo yummy, especially that cake! :)

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your cooking posts always make my mouth water. All of these dishes look so yummy! I bet Mr Armchair had lovely dreams full of delicious cooking smells as he napped.

Diane-crewe said...

my mouth is watering just looking at the pictures xx Glad you enjoyed them xx

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

Ooh the cake looks so yummy. We now have proof that you slave over a hot stove, great photo taken by Mr Armcahir.

Happy days.
Bev.

Dawnie said...

Oh Dzintra this does really look sooo good. Want to make that cake, now to see if i can find the recipe.

Janice said...

I love the way you made a wonderful meal using your magazines. They all look so good. I just love the candid shot of you in "The Nerve Centre".

Palomasea said...

Hello dearest Dzintra! Wow, has it ever been a long time...
You are so kind to continue with my name in the collaboration even with my awful lack of blogging.
Well, I finally posted my cook-up, and I'm thrilled that you have yours here right now! Anita mentioned that this was your latest post, so what perfect timing...
Everything looks beautiful, as always, and that sorbet...so good and refreshing...

I hope you are doing well, sweet friend, and I send hugs and love across the miles to you and JoJo!
xoxoxo,
- Irina

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...